Friday, May 8, 2009

Review: Star Trek



When I sat down in the theater with my popcorn to see Star Trek, I was so excited. I had been looking forward to seeing this movie every since it was announced and now I’m finally ready. Star Trek was absolutely great!

Was it the special effect that made the movie great? Yes and no. Now, it takes a lot for the special effects to blow me away. Some of the effects were really amazing but nothing that stood out. What made this movie worth the 2 hours were the storyline and the characters.

Unfortunately I can’t tell you much about the plot without giving it away, but I will say that there is a twist that happens very early in the movie. You’ll get the twist but it will make a lot of sense later. You’ll have that ‘Aw Ha’ moment and for the rest of the movie your mouth will be on the floor.

As for the characters, they are true to form. You really could see Christopher Pine as a young Kirk and John Cho as Sulu. There were a lot of questions if Zachary Quinto could pull off Spock because of the bad guy he plays on Heroes. May that was a leg up for him. Not sure, but I really fell for him. And so did someone else…oops said too much.

If you see no other movie this month, heck the whole summer, you must see this movie on the big screen! I’m a semi trekkie, which means I don’t speak Klingon or know the episode names, but I know the characters. If you are a true trekkie or a semi-trekkie like me it is worth full price twice! If you are a new school trekkie (Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, etc) or new to Star Trek, this is still a must see. You’ll get classic lines like “Damn it, I’m a doctor not a physicist" and much more. I’m looking forward to going back and seeing it again! I’m ready for the sequel, heck a whole new series. Dang it, I’ve too much again! UGH!!! So I'll just say...Live Long and Prosper - Good Luck! You'll get it once you see the movie.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment