Monday, May 4, 2009

Review: X-Men Origins: Wolverine


As excited as I was to see Wolverine, I must admit I was a little nervous. The first X-Men movie was okay. X-Men 2 was better and X-Men 3 was bad except for the very end. The trailer looked great but would it live up to the hype?

Yes it did. Thank goodness. X-Men Origins: Wolverine really did take you from his first mutant experience to almost the beginning of the first X-Men movie. Some of the storyline conflicted with what I already knew about Wolverine, but then again the original X-Men movie was a conflicting. I will admit that the movie did answer a lot of questions that I had about Wolverine. From his memory loss, he’s relationship with Sabertooth, to the woman who broke his heart.

The action was excellent and the story line wasn’t bad either. The way they told the story was very interesting. Always knew that Logan was older than all of the other X-Men but I didn’t know how old. I won’t tell you hold old he is ‘cause that will spoil a little bit of the movie. We’ll just say he’s way older than you thought. How’s that?

Overall, was it worth seeing? Yes. And if you pay full price you won’t be mad. Magneto’s story comes out in 2011 but I just hope that 20th Century Fox keeps up the trend and does Professor X, and Storm. Those are only ones that I care about. Now I really think that Storm would have to be re-cast. Love Halle Berry and all but she’s not a good Storm at all. But that’s a WHOLE other subject. I will tell you this, no matter how much you plan to pay for this movie, you must see it on the big screen to get the full effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment