Monday, March 23, 2009

What was he thinking?


Let me start off by saying that I am a Mary J. Blige fan but I must say that she is not an actress! I am very insulted for all of the actresses out there who have worked hard, are paying their dues and then they look and see Mary in the next Tyler Perry movie. She’s playing Tanya in his new movie, I Can Do Dad All By Myself. The movie stars Taraji P. Henson. What? Dude…Mary CAN’T ACT!!! Again don’t get me wrong, I like her music but if you’ve EVER listen to her talk? She is very…what’s the word I’m looking for…deadpan that it will drive you crazy!! Has Tyler ever seen her act? Watch 5 minutes of Prison Song and you’ll understand. Tyler has the power to help out so may young struggling actress that need that 5 minutes of fame. Does he not realize how someone’s career can go from “who’s that” to “oh yeah I love blah blah”. Ask Lamman Rucker. Yeah, some of us knew him from As The World Turns, All My Children and Half & Half but people knew his name after Why Did I Get Married? hit theaters. Think of all of the actresses that could have taken that role and rocked it. What Meagan Goode could have done with it or Robinne Lee (Cressida from Hitch) or Rachel True (Half & Half) or even Victoria Dillard (Spin City)! This is for Tyler and every other directors out there, just because they a Grammy Award winning singer, does not make them an actor or actress. Two different worlds! Two TOTALLY different worlds!!

1 comment:

  1. ok i'ma be extremely mean and add jennifer hudson to the list of singers taking up space too. i know she won a few major awards for dreamgirls, but she's no actress. all she did in dreamgirls was sing really really good. suffice it to say i agree wholeheartedly with ur contention nix!!!!

    cox diesel

    ReplyDelete